With the interactive exhibition Eclipse in Tetem, artists Ali Eslami and Mathilde Renault explore new forms of human connection in virtual worlds.
Eclipse is an interactive, hybrid exhibition that could be experienced via Virtual Reality at the physical exhibition space of Tetem in Enschede, and online via Twitch. In the VR world ‘False Mirror’ visitors could embody three different entities: Alless, a being who leans towards order; Lena, a fluid form inclined to chaos; or an observing and overseeing bird. Via Twitch, online participants could also crawl into the (feathered) skin of this bird personage. The characters can’t actually see each other, but they can see traces of each other’s presence.
- Director: Ali Eslami
- Co-director: Mathilde Renault
- Production: Ali Eslami namens ALLLESSS
- Technical artist: Alap Parikh
- Designer: Rein Blank, Maisa Imamovic, Barthélémy Vielle
- Developer: Ali Eslami, Alap Parikh
- Music: Shahin Entezami
- Sound Design: Shahin Entezami
- Film Research: Jason Bahbak Mohaghegh
- Screening copy: Ali Eslami namens ALLLESSS